DesignedbyLara.com

Monday, February 11, 2013

Guest Author Blog: Eden Glenn on Dar’kind Promises


I started writing in 2005 to escape the harsh reality of Breast Cancer. It gave me something to occupy my mind so that I wasn’t thinking my reality. I began participating with First Coast Romance Writers, a chapter of Romance Writers of America.
I started working on Dar’kind Promises when my editor challenged me to write a F/F Erotic Romance. Lesbians are traditionally underserved by the mainstream romance market. Trends are changing for the better.The characters in this story are a feline shape shifter and a Dar’kind Fairy. I wanted readers to relate to the love dynamic between Zelia and Maura.
Authors of m/m erotic romance have managed to capture the emotion of love and the eroticism of sex between two men that draw in readers of all gender preferences. I was told in a workshop that market research has shown that the largest demographic reading m/m erotic romance are actually women over 45. With that in mind I am curious if F/F erotic romance will pick up an unexpected audience from the male population. LOL. In ten years we will be able to look back and see won’t we? Things like that make my mind go hummm. I have no excuse, writer here. LOL.
In any event I write all genres of erotic romance. I strive for the love relationship and sex between my characters to dissolve gender barriers for the reader. I hope that they leave my world thinking gee what a beautiful love story.I hope to have accomplished that with Dar’kind Promises and the two female heroines. A reader doesn’t have to be lesbian to enjoy the development of their relationship and the suspense of their journey.
I hope you enjoy reading.
Synopsis: Darkind Fairy Maura comes to the human dimension on a search and rescue mission for one of her race. The success of the mission rests on her wits and the skilled aid of her feline tracker, Zelia. Unfortunately, Zelia is experiencing unpredictable shifts between feline and human forms.
Distracted by the sultry woman in her bed, Maura struggles to stay focused on their quest. If they’re unable to figure out how to gain control of Zelia’s shifting, all hope for success of their mission as well as any possibility of their future together will be lost.
Worse yet, an ancient evil targets Zelia and Maura in a bid for power and control of their magic.
Zelia is willing to risk becoming trapped in feline form and losing the love she’s found if it means she can save Maura from the evil hunting them. Meanwhile, Maura searches for the strength to abandon the quest for her lost ‘sister’ if doing so will save Zelia’s life and stabilize her shifting abilities.
* * *
Author Bio: Eden Glenn lives in the mountains of Chattanooga, Tennessee with a cat and a loveable nuisance dog that should be in Japan. Eden has blue eyes, but her hair color is subject to change without notice.She is a member of RWA (Romance Writers of America)and FCRW (First Coast Romance Writers).

Prepare to leave your safe world behind. http://www.edenglenn.com my social networking links are here on my website for FB, Twitter, Amazon and more. Check out my book trailers, blog and news.



1 comments:

Eden Glenn said...

Thank you for inviting me by today. I'll be around to visit with readers if they have a comment or question.

Thanks
Eden