DesignedbyLara.com

Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Two-Hundredth Birthday to Pride and Prejudice!


 "You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice 

Two-hundred years ago today, Jane Austen's classic novel, Pride and Prejudice was published. IMO, Austen created the #1 beta hero in the history literature with Mr. Darcy. I was surprised Google didn't celebrate today with some cute doodle for their logo as they like to do for some special anniversaries *pout*

So the biggest question is, which Pride and Prejudice adaptation is your favorite? The 1940 Pride and Prejudice featuring Laurence Oliver as Mr. Darcy, the 1995 version with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, or perhaps the 2003 one with Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy?





Link to the 2005 version of Darcy walking out of the mist to Elizabeth


Katiebabs

2 comments:

ParaJunkee said...

I really like Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.

She said...

Hands down it's Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. His version is the closest to the book.