Welcome to your weekly fun that is known better as the WTFckery!
1. Some WTF books and their covers:
Is it just me or does she look like she's making love to the wall?
I'll take a vowel, Pat! Anyone have the urge to watch Wheel of Fortune now?
2. Twilight had dolls and T-shirts that reminded me of the boy band crazy, now Fifty Shades has paddles and pleasure balls as the Fifty Shades product line starts rolling out. Now it makes sense why E.L. James threatened to sue sex toy party hostesses and those who tried to start their own Fifty Shades toy pleasure line. From Crushable:
"Now for the first time the legendary silver pleasure balls, handcuffs, crops and erotic products featured in the record breaking worldwide best sellers will be available in an official range of Fifty Shades of Grey merchandise developed in association with author E L James.
Lovehoney has worked closely with author E L James to make sure the stylish, high quality range perfectly recreates the items used by Ana and her billionaire lover Christian Grey."
Inner Goddess - Silver Pleasure Balls “The balls weigh down inside me, massaging me internally… they make me needy, needy for sex.”
Twitchy Palm - Spanking Paddle “Spank me, please… Sir,” I whisper.
I really hope James is thoughtful enough to send the official Fifty Shades of Grey sex toy collection as a thank you to Stephenie Meyer. That's the least she can do for, right?
3. In other fan fiction being published, One Direction fan fiction has been swept up in a book deal from Penguin's YA imprint line. From Crushable:
Penguin’s YA imprint has decided to publish a One Direction fanfic as an original novel. One of their editors spotted the story Loving the Band by sixteen-year-old student Emily Baker on a writing site called Movellas, and snatched it up. Presumably it’ll be repackaged with five new (but still quirky) names and sold as an ebook starting November 1st.
Penguin's official statement:
“Penguin had been looking to commission a writer to pen a romantic YA fictional novel that tapped into the current obsession with boy bands. Emily proved to be just the right kind of new talent to write such a novel with powerful emotion and authority and world rights were duly acquired from movellas.com.”Loving the Band was listed as the most popular story on Movellas and had over 30,000 Directioners asking for more."
4. Looks like some Chinese restaurants are trying to be inventive when it comes to their meat dishes. And to think the urban legend involved cats at one time. From Huff Po Weird News:
Chinese Restaurant Closed After Dead Deer Found Inside Kitchen
"A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky has been closed down by officials after roadkill was found inside its kitchen, reports say.
Last week, customers dining at Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ky., reportedly spotted a dead deer stuffed inside a trash can that was dragged into the establishment's kitchen.
"It was really disturbing. There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can,” one customer told WTVR.com. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and leg sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
Officials say the restaurant owner's son admitted to bringing the deer -- which had allegedly been roadkill found along Interstate 75 -- "into the kitchen of the restaurant in order to clean and dress it," Lex18.com reports.
The restaurant was immediately shut down and the owner's son was cited for having a "white-tailed deer without a tag."
“They said they didn’t know that they weren’t allowed to,” Lawson said, adding that he was concerned this may not have been the first time that the restaurant has brought roadkill onto its premises."
5. It looks like $6 gallon gas is a good possibility in the very near future. From The Salt Lake Tribune:
"San Francisco, Californians woke up to a shock Friday as overnight gasoline prices jumped by as much as 20 cents a gallon in some areas, ending a week of soaring costs that saw some stations close and others charge record prices.
The average price of regular gas across the state was nearly $4.49 a gallon, the highest in the nation, according to AAA’s Daily Fuel Gauge report.
Other gas stations charged more than $5 a gallon. The Low-P station in Calabasas charged $5.69 Thursday. The pumps bore hand-written signs reading: "We are sorry, it is not our fault," the Times said.
While gas prices have spiked around the nation, refinery outages and pipeline problems have added to woes in California.
Among the recent disruptions, an Aug. 6 fire at a Chevron Corp. refinery in Richmond left one of the region’s largest refineries producing at a reduced capacity. A power failure in Southern California has affected an Exxon Mobil Corp. refinery, and a Chevron pipeline that moves crude to Northern California also was shut down.
The national average for gas is about $3.79 a gallon, the highest ever for this time of year. However, gas prices in many states have started decreasing, which is typical for October."
6. You have to love sneaky animal photo bombs. This one out of all of them is my favorite. From Ellen:
7. These horror themed cake pops are freaky to look at but I bet they're real tasty! These pops are from Lou Lou P's Delights in the U.K. From The Vulture:
8. You may need to bleach your brain and eyes after you watch how clam ends up eating salt. This video gives me the major willies!
9. Your Regretsy WTFckery gives new meaning to being a sock puppet.
I hope you have enjoyed your latest and greatest in WTFckery!