DesignedbyLara.com

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Guest Author Interview: Katee Robert and Making Waves with Wrong Bed, Right Guy

Katee Robert has made major waves with her very popular, Wrong Bed, Right Guy, so much so that she has made the New York Times and USA Today bestselling book list soon after Wrong Bed, Right Guy was released. She's one of the few authors in the epublishing world to do so, and with a publisher (Entangled Publishing) that has had more of their authors on these chart topping lists than any other epublisher that I know of.




Synopsis: Prim and proper art gallery coordinator Elle Walser is no good at seducing men. Heck, she’s been throwing hints at her boss for months, but he’s completely clueless. Desperate to escape her mother’s matchmaking efforts, she comes up with a plan—buy some lingerie and climb into her boss’s bed. The plan goes brilliantly…until she accidentally seduces a sexy stranger instead.

Bad boy nightclub mogul Gabe Schultz just had the best almost-sex of his life. Too bad the smoking hot blonde thought he was his brother and bolted before he could finish what they started. Though her holier-than-thou attitude puts a serious damper on his mood, Gabe’s never been one to give up on something he wants. And he wants Elle. But does a man who lives on the dark side really have a chance with a proper lady?


KB: Tell us about yourself and what you write.

Katee: I’m a writer of various kinds of smexy, and basically a big geek. I spend a truly ridiculous amount of money on tattoos that are literary based, comics, and books. I’m actually thinking about getting into cosplay as well, because it makes my nerdy little heart happy.

KB: How do you pronounce, Katee? Is it like Katie or Kate? I must say having a name that sounds like “Kate” is very awesome ;)

Katee: It’s pronounced “Katie.” My mom has since informed me that I’m lucky she didn’t spell it “Kaytie” but now I kind of wish she had because I’ve run into people with the same spelling. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! ;)

KB: You write Sci-Fi Romance, as well as contemporary Romance. What are your Sci-Fi Romances about?

Katee: My Sci-Fi romances are actually remarkably similar to my contemporaries in voice—there’s just a lot more action (of both kinds LOL). I like writing about kick-ass women and the men who love them, and if I get to throw some knife fights and explosions and alien races into the mix… Well, those are just other things I love too!

KB: Your most popular book is Wrong Bed, Right Guy, so much so that you made the New York Times and USA Today best sellers book list. When you found out you made both these lists, what was your reaction (besides jumping up and down in glee or fainting from the shock) and how did you find out?

Katee: Both of those pieces of news came via phone call from my editor. Quite frankly, I could barely believe it. This book was always the Little Engine That Could, and obviously I’d hoped it would do well, but I never imagined it would do THIS well. That was ALL reader-based and I love them dearly for it.

KB: How did you come up with the idea for Wrong Bed, Right Guy and was Entangled Publishing the first publisher you submitted this story to?

Katee: I actually sold WBRG to Entangled before it was completely written. My editor and I had brainstormed the idea, and I took Candace Havens’ Fast Draft course and wrote the thing in two weeks. From there, as they say, it’s history.

KB: Wrong Bed, Right Guy is the first book in your Come Undone series. Can you tell us what the next book about? Do you plan to make this series an ongoing one?

Katee: There will be two books in the Come Undone series and then it’s wrapping up. The next book is Elle’s brother, Ian. He’s a prickly fellow, and it’s been really interesting getting inside his head. The third and final book is Nathan’s, and we’ll finally get to see his story and the secrets he’s been hiding.

KB: Are you a fan of social medias like Facebook and Twitter? Do you think these two medias can help an author with their book sales?

Katee: Honestly, I couldn’t begin to tell you. I DO think it helps, because Twitter, in particular, is fantastic for spreading news and gossip and word of mouth around. That said, social media can only take you so far. But the bottom line is I really don’t know. It can’t hurt, especially if you love it.

KB: Have you always liked to write and wanted to be an author? If you could do any other career, what job would you have? What job would you not touch with a ten foot pole?

Katee: I’ve always wanted to write, but it was that crazy pipe dream that would never happen (isn’t it always?). If I wasn’t writing… Oh lordy, I’d want to be surrounded by books (I know, I know, I’m such a cliché), so I’d probably work in one of those bookstores that no one knows about so I wouldn’t have to actually deal with people all that often. The job I’d never touch (ironic, since I was at one point going to school for it) – teacher. God bless all the teachers of the world, because I’d never be able to do it and keep what’s left of my sanity.

KB: What are some of your favorite authors to read or some recent books you’ve read you would recommend?

Katee: Favorite authors to recommend include: Tiffany Reisz, Anne Bishop, Ilona Andrews, Patrick Rothfuss, and Ann Aguirre. Recent books I’ve loved: Ten by Gretchen McNeil, The Angel by Tiffany Reisz, and Wife for Hire by Christine Bell.

KB: What’s your idea of a perfect hero? What are three requirements he must have to be “perfect”.

Katee: My “perfect” hero tends to be pretty flawed. I mean, I loved Rochester more than Darcy, so that should tell you all you need to know. I like strength (which comes in many forms), a sense of humor, and the willingness to go the distance for the ones he loves.

KB: If you were in a paranormal romance had had your choice of being a vampire, werewolf or fairy, which would you be and why?

Katee: I’d be a werewolf, if only because when the zombies apocalypse comes, I’d have the best chance of taking off into the woods and living happily-ever-after.

KB: What advice would you give to struggling writers who are ready to throw in the towel and walk away from writing?

Katee: No one likes to hear this, but persistence is half the battle. Anyone can go out and write a book. It takes a lot of dedication to take that book and make it more or, conversely, to set it aside and write another. I’ll tell you a little known fact – WBRG was my THIRTEENTH finished book. The book that publisher signed me with, Queen of Swords, was my eighth. You just have to be willing to stick it out for the long run, because you learn something new with every book.

Bio:
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Katee Robert, learned to tell stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her favorites then were the rather epic adventures of The Three Bears, but at age twelve she discovered romance novels and never looked back.

Though she dabbled in writing, life got in the way—as it often does—and she spent a few years traveling, living in both Philadelphia and Germany. In between traveling and raising her two wee ones, she had the crazy idea that she’d like to write a book and try to get published.

Her first novel was an epic fantasy that, God willing, will never see the light of day. From there, she dabbled in YA and horror, before finally finding speculative romance. Because, really, who wouldn’t want to write entire books about the smoking-hot relationships between two people?

She now spends her time—when not lost in Far Reach worlds—playing imaginary games with her wee ones, writing, ogling men, and planning for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

Find me on Facebook
Find me on Twitter

Email: authorkateerobert@gmail.com

0 comments: