Welcome to another weekly installment of WTFckery!
How about some book covers and titles that makes you go, WTF?
1. Aw, vampire has his own gingerbread man. How cute!
Title says it all:
Another title that makes me giggle. Makes me think of Spanx:
3. Biggest WTFckery this week for the Twihards has them sobbing against their sparkly Edward pillow. R-Patz and K-Stew are no more.
"On July 17 in L.A., the 26-year-old actor's girlfriend and Twilight costar, Kristen Stewart, 22, was caught by photographers in a series of steamy rendezvous with her Snow White and the Huntsman director, Rupert Sanders, 41, who is married with two kids."
4. Even though what Kristen did is wrong- having an affair with a married man, the NYPost's nickname for Kristen, where they seems to place the blame on her shoulders is beyond misogynistic and goes too far. Seriously, a "vamp tramp"?
I think Sanders should be put on the spot and wear a big old "A" on his chest because he was married, while Kristen wasn't. Shouldn't he be blasted in the media more so that Kristen, who isn't married? She didn't say vows now does she have a ring on her finger like Sanders. Check out The Jane Dough whose post really puts things into perspective about this.
5. I love how those celebrities who are no longer with us are still open season regarding WTF gossip and innuendos. These people can write tell all books because the person they are degrading is dead and can't come to their own defense. Really, Marilyn Monroe tried to seduce Elizabeth Taylor among other deceased iconic actresses? From Celebrity Dirty Laundry:
"According to The National Enquirer, Marilyn admitted to sexual encounters with film stars as diverse as Joan Crawford, Barbara Stanwyck, Marlene Dietrich and Elizabeth Taylor. She also allegedly seduced a 16-year-old girl who ran her fan club. Marilyn must have had the guts of a neurotic person addicted to pills to have pulled this off in the 50’s. Oh, yes, sorry… The author Tony Jerris alleges that Marilyn had an affair with Jane Lawrence, the teen. They allegedly bonded because of their shared family histories. Jerris authored the spectacular novel called Marilyn Monroe: My Little Secret (Dude, this is seriously not a little secret!)."
6. Good to know the Olympic committee is thinking of the health of the athletes, especially when it comes to safe sex. From Crushable:
Athletes will receive 15 condoms each for the 17-day festival
"A record 150,000 free condoms - 15 for each competitor - have been made available to them. The phenomenal outpouring of prophylactics means there will be 50 per cent more available to athletes in London than the 100,000 handed out at the last Olympics in Beijing in 2008
7. For fans of Louis Vuitton, a must have waffle maker for your kitchen. From Complex Art + Design:
"Designed by LA-based Andrew Lewicki, the "Louis Vuitton Waffle Maker" was created earlier this year and features an aluminum sheet embossed with signature "LV" monogram print, unlicensed of course."
8. I wonder what a $1,000 gold-covered cupcake tastes like? From Today MSNBC:
"With a name like The Golden Phoenix, it's anyone's guess that this is no ordinary cupcake. At a staggering £645, this is the world's most expensive cupcake. The treat, which is on sale in Dubai's Bloomsbury's Cupcakes store, is made from the finest chocolate and wrapped in edible gold. The dessert boasts a whole 23 carats of edible gold sheets, Doves organic flour from the United Kingdom, Rachel's organic butter, Premium Amedei Porcelena cocoa from Italy, and gold Ugandan high-quality vanilla beans."
9. If you're a eco friendly person, you may want to check out this solar bikini. Perfect for the gal who likes to be green! I wonder what other colors it comes in? From Mother Nature Network:
(Thanks to Linda Mooney)
"Andrew Schneider designed this swimwear with photovoltaic film panels and a USB connection as part of a student project for the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University."
10. And your Regretsy WTFckery is a lovely ceramic to add to your fugly ceramic collection:
I hope you have enjoyed this week's best in WTFckery!