DesignedbyLara.com

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The KB Mid-Year Book Report for 2012


It's more than half way through 2012 and that means my mid-year book report. So far this year I've read 115 books, slightly up from last year. If I keep up my reading, by the end of this year I would have read close to 250 books. I've been reading more epublished and self published books, the majority of which are much shorter reads, so there's a good possibility I may end up reading close to 300 books, raging from short stories, novellas and full length when all is said and done.

So far, these books have made a big impression on me and are considered my top picks and recommended reads for this year. Here they are in no particular order, along with their grade:

Lothaire by Kresley Cole- A-
Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon- A-
A Private Gentleman by Heidie Cullinan- A-
By a Thread by Jennifer Estep- B+
Edenbrooke by Julianna Donaldson- A
The Duke’s Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley- A
The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter- A
Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane- A-
Indulgent Pleasures by Karen Erickson- A-
Wicked as They Come by Delilah Dawson- A
The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan- B+
Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt- B+
Kill You Twice by Chelsea Cain- B+
Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione- B+
Wicked Nights by Gena Showaler- A-
Scandal Wears Satin by Loretta Chase- A
On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves- B+

My top 3 reads for this year so far are:


Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane blew my ever loving mind away. This was a very emotional read for me and has one of the best love/sex scenes out of any book I've read this year.

Lotharie by Kresley Cole makes a mentally unstable and deadly vampire hero sexy. Also the heroine in this book gives most of the heroines I read this year a run for their money.

One of the best contemporary romances and self published books I read goes to Karen Erickson for Indulgent Pleasures. Talk about one steamy and hot book. The hero and heroine have great chemistry and their first sexual encounter in a limo brings forth the heat. 

My two favorite debut authors and their books are:


Two very different types of books from these two authors, but both have that historical feel to them I love. Wicked as They Come is a trippy book with a very strange hero, including the world, but grabs you from the start and keeps you hooked. Edenbrooke is uber sweet and has the Jane Austen feel to it.

My top 5 anticipated books for the second half of 2012 are:




Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter #5). September 4th from Berkley.
The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister #1. September, self published.
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1). September 25th from Harper Teen.
Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5). October 2nd from HarperCollins.
The Seduction of Elliot McBride (Highland Pleasures #5). December 31st from Berkley. 

There you have it! My mid-year best of 2012 book report. What are some books published for the first half of 2012 that made an impression on you?

Katiebabs

4 comments:

Mandi said...

OH! Indulgent Pleasures...I need to read this one!

Dot S.(ladeetdareads.wordpress.com) said...

I read ARRANGED by Catherine McKenzie and loved it. Also Eloisa James' memoir, PARIS IN LOVE. Both rated a top 5 from me.

Thanks for all the rec's KT.

Kwana said...

I love your updates. Thanks!

Twimom227 said...

My top 2 so far of 2012 are:

Black Howl by Christina Henry
Darker After Midnight by Lara Adrian

With HM going to

Head Rush by Carolyn Crane, which I read in 2012, but was released in 2011.

Can't wait for Gunmetal Magic and Riveted.