DesignedbyLara.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Book Spotlight: Alchemystic by Anton Strout

Along my travels at BEA yesterday, I bumped into author, Anton Strout. You may know him for his Simon Canderous series. I'm happy to say Simon has a new series coming out on September 25th from Ace books. This is the timeless tell about a girl and her gargoyle (with a possible romance that may continue as the series does). Say hello to Alchemystic (Spellmason #1).


Synopsis: Alexandra Belarus is a struggling artist living in New York City, even though her family is rich in real estate, including a towering Gothic Gramercy Park building built by her great-great-grandfather. But the truth of her bloodline is revealed when she is attacked on the street and saved by an inhumanly powerful winged figure.

A figure who knows the Belarus name… Lexi’s great-great-grandfather was a Spellmason—an artisan who could work magic on stone. But in his day, dark forces conspired against him and his, so he left a spell of protection on his family. Now that Lexi is in danger, the spell has awoken her ancestor’s most trusted and fearsome creation: a gargoyle named Stanis.

Lexi and Stanis are equally surprised to find themselves bound to each other. But as they learn to work together, they realize that only united can they save the city they both love…

Now I have the urge to watch old episodes of the cartoon Gargoyles from the 1990s. This is one of my all time favorite cartoons, #1 being Jem.


I had such a crush on Goliath, the leader of the gargoyles and wanted him and New City detective, Elisa to hook up. Loved this subtle romance. Anyone else see this cartoon and feel the same?

Katiebabs

7 comments:

Anna said...

I love gargoyle stories. Gonna add this one to my TBR. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Emily said...

I totally remember wanting Goliath and Elisa to live happily ever after.

little alys said...

One of my favorite childhood shows. Ever. I still haven't forgiven Disney for screwing up the third season...and for not releasing the Vol. 2 of season 2. Gimme my show!!!

Also, this is why Marjorie M. Liu's books fascinate me. She has gargoyles. :D

daninevins said...

I love that this story deals with gargoyles - that's definitely cool. However, I think I'd be more drawn to it if I knew there'd be at least a little chemistry between the two main characters. I like it when sparks fly, even if it takes a back seat to other events in the story. Sorry, I'm just a sucker for chemistry, I guess!

juliangreenfield said...

This is thriller fiction stuff. I love reading horror too.

Pharmacy Technician

Pat Robinson said...

The synopsis sound really interesting! Can’t wait to get my hand on the book!

Atlantic City Hotels

margaretbechly said...

Alchemystic is a fabulous book indeed. I love the twists and turns in it.

Kids Animated Movie