DesignedbyLara.com

Friday, May 25, 2012

Can I Haz a Maru?

I die from the cuteness inside every time I watch a new video starring Maru.

For those who aren't aware who Maru is: (from Wikipedia):

Maru, Japanese: circle or round; born May 24, 2007 is a male Scottish Fold cat in Japan who has become popular on YouTube. As of June 2012, videos with Maru have been viewed over 158 million times.Videos featuring Maru have an average of 100,000 views each and he is mentioned often in print and televised media discussing Internet celebrities. His owner, who does not show her face on camera or speak in the videos, posts videos under the account name 'mugumogu'. The videos are edited to include title cards in English and Japanese setting up the events of the video, and usually show Maru playing in cardboard boxes.

Maru must be one of the most popular of all the cute kitty videos on You Tube. Watching a cat jump in and out of boxes has never been so fun. I could sit and watch Maru for hours (if there was a Maru Cam, I would never get anything done). Maru just celebrated his 4th birthday, and Maru's owner has created a video of Maru's adorable antics over the past year.

The 2:09 mark is where Maru does something so gosh darn adorable that I want t cry. I loves me some Maru!



 Katiebabs

2 comments:

BookaholicCat said...

I love him too! Thank you for sharing ;)

Blodeuedd said...

I seriously need a kitty stat! Well perhaps in a year