DesignedbyLara.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ferris Bueller Revisited 25 Years Later Thanks to Honda

The 1986 cult classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off has been revisited 25 years later thanks to Honda and the commercial they created for the this year's Super Bowl. If you were a child of the 80's, you'll get a real big kick out of this like I did as Matthew Broderick channeling Ferris again.

Can you spot all the "easter eggs" from the original movie? This totes of awesome sauce....



From Honda: "To celebrate the launch of the all-new 2012 CR-V, Honda brought Ferris Bueller's Day Off back in a big game commercial. We cast Matthew Broderick as himself, skipping out on a day of acting work and living it up in his all-new CR-V. Relive movie history with Honda's fresh twist and wonderful homage to this '80s classic. Think you're a true fan of Ferris Bueller's Day Off? We hid over two dozen references to the movie throughout the commercial. Some are obvious, some are VERY subtle. See how many you can find."

Katiebabs

6 comments:

KMont said...

I absolutely loved this! Huge fan of the original. But how sad is it that a car company gets something like this so right when Hollywood can't produce a decent remake? I mean, besides fact that they produce way too many remakes.

Anyway, again, LOVE THIS.

KB/KT Grant said...

Other than Broderick's graying hair, he looks the same!

The scene with the stuffed panda had me cracking up.

Marg said...

Ha, that looks awesome!

heidenkind said...

What's sad is that now I wonder how anyone can get all that done in a day. When I was a teenager I was like, "Yeah, that's totally doable." :)

Ellie Heller said...

So fun! They did an excellent job paying homage to the original.

Twimom227 said...

I watched this the other day and it made me so freakin' happy. I will have to bookmark it. Thanks!