DesignedbyLara.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Lesbian Fiction Appreciation Event: Jessica E. Subject: I Don't Have a Penis


When I decided to write Unknown Futures, it was originally supposed to be a sequel to Celestial Seduction, carrying on Carrie and Frey’s story. But it didn’t work. They didn’t cooperate. But they wanted to be minor characters in another 1Night Stand story. I’d already written two, and wanted to try something different. The line has everything imaginable in terms of plots, but there weren’t any F/F romances at the time. (There is a couple now, and more to come.) I decided to challenge myself and have my next 1Night Stand story introduce two females looking for love. Challenge being the key word.

But then I thought to myself, I don’t have a penis. If there’s one thing I know, it’s my body. I know what I like, where I like to be touched, and what parts of love-making bring me the most pleasure. I don’t know what sensations men feel during sex, but I do for women. I don’t have to worry about the unknown penis, the unfamiliar male point of view. I can do this!

I started reading other F/F romances, chatted with other F/F authors, and Unknown Futures was born. Now, my muse wants more.

CONTEST!

I will randomly draw a name from those leave a comment to WIN an ebook copy of Unknown Futures. Please leave your email address in the body of your comment so that I may contact you if you win. Contest will run until 1/21.



Synopsis: Attacked as a young adult, Jewel is left scarred and alone. She applies to the 1 Night Stand service, believing no one can see past her appearance to love her. But she doesn’t expect to be sent to a space station where her date could be any number of unusual alien species.

Flavia left everything behind to be one of five humans working for the Space Service space station. Extremely homesick, she is excited to learn she will be a guide to a woman from Earth visiting the station for a couple days. She is immediately drawn to the petite woman, seeing past her scars to her true inner beauty, stirring unforeseen desires.

Unfortunately, Jewel is there for a date which Flavia hasn’t been told about. Can she contain her lust and simply show her a good time? Or will she let her desire lead them into an unknown future?

Book trailer: http://youtu.be/HOBmZ9vKwYE

Available from Decadent Publishing and other ebook retailers.
Buy Links here: http://www.markofthestars.com/wp/?page_id=7671



Beneath the Starry Sky and Celestial Seduction are now available from Decadent Publishing (and other ebook retailers) and Unknown Futures will release January 3, 2012 as part of their 1 Night Stand Series.
The Zurian Child (book 1 of the Mark of the Stars series) coming soon to Silver Publishing.
Never Gonna Let You Go (book 1 of The Underground series) coming soon to Decadent Publishing.

Bio:
Jessica Subject started writing to encourage her daughter to read. Now she writes to keep herself grounded. Although she reads many genres, she enjoys writing Science Fiction Romance the most and believes everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after. She lives Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband and two kids and loves to hear from anyone who has enjoyed her stories.

Website/Blog: http://www.markofthestars.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jsubject
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica-E-Subject-author/205759796126370
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4959083.Jessica_E_Subject
Google +: https://plus.google.com/100079570422204018357/posts

13 comments:

Gail Hart said...

Jessica, I'm trying to write an f/f novella, and I had the same thought process you did! I may not know what it's like to be sexually attracted to a woman, but I know how the female body responds.

Jessica Subject said...

Gail, the biggest challenge for me is getting the emotion from my mind onto the computer, but it's like that whether I write F/M or F/F. I wish you all the best with your novella! :)

Cathy in AK said...

To quote one of my characters: "I was no stranger to female anatomy, but my perspective was usually a little different." ; )

Congrats on the releases!

Kate Richards said...

I see what you mean and it makes perfect sense! If there's one thing we know, it's what we like!

Jessica Subject said...

@Cathy - Thanks so much! And I just bought Rulebreaker. Looking forward to reading your story. :)

@Kate - Ain't that the truth. LOL Thanks for stopping by! :)

Cathy in AK said...

@Jessica--*gulp*

She said...

Unknown Futures sounds good. Funny how characters won't let you write what you want. They will force your hand to do it their way. :)

smg5775@yahoo.com

Jessica Subject said...

@She - Very true! I've changed many stories, as the characters rebelled, saying, "That's not how it goes." LOL Usually ends up better in the end anyway. :) Thanks!

Heather Massey said...

Great post, and I love that you're taking a risk to infuse sci-fi romance with more diversity. Thanks for the giveaway!

sfrgalaxy "at" gmail.com

Jessica Subject said...

Thanks Heather! :) SciFi romance always seems to tweak it's way into my stories.

elaing8 said...

Can't wait to read this.Thanks for the giveaway
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Jessica Subject said...

@Elaing8 - Thanks! :)

Jessica Subject said...

Congrats to Cathy in AK who wins a copy of Unknown Futures! I will be in contact with you soon. Thank you to KY Grant for organizing this great event and to everyone who stopped by! :)