DesignedbyLara.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

Authors After Dark Conference in Pictures


This past Saturday I stopped by Jacquelyn Frank's Authors After Dark Conference that took place on September 17-19th in Secaucus, NJ.

"Jacquelyn Frank, along with the AAD bloggers and a Slew of award winning best selling authors for a weekend of amazing reads, free books and goodies galore. The AAD RU is the ONLY convention our there designed FOR readers, BY authors to not break your bank and give you that oh so precious face time with some of your favorite and new favorite authors."

This is a conference on a much smaller scale where readers are able to interact with both e-published authors, as well as traditionally published authors from all romance genres. This is the only conference that I have been to where GLBT romance was front and center with such epublishers that support GLBT fiction as Man Love Romance Press and Dreamspinner Press. If you are a fan of GLBT romance, as well as straight romances, then the Authors After Dark Con is the place for you.

And for the total price of $140 where 5 meals are included, as well as all drinks including alcohol, plus more books than you can carry, this is a perfect conference for anyone to go to who loves books and wants to meet some wonderful authors and industry professionals without being too overwhelmed.

Saturday was the three hour open book signing where you may know some familiar faces and names:


Jess Haines

Diana Castilleja/ Leigh Ellwood/Samantha Sommersby

 Joey W. Hill

Laura Baumbach from Man Love Romance Press

Judi Fenell


Leanna Renee Hieber

Sylvia Day/ SJ Day

And wherever there's a conference, there's sure to be a few book bloggers floating around:

Yours truly, Robin from Intense Whisper, JoJo from Jojo's Book Corner and Larissa from Larissa's Bookish Life

Picture of the table for Saturday night's dinner:

Centerpiece

Free books!

I had a great afternoon and evening talking too so many great people who love to read and can't get enough of books and the people who write them. And even though my massive TBR book pile is screaming for me to read it, I couldn't help myself and brought home these beauties:

I'm so happy that I now will be able to read Jane Seville's Zero at the Bone that everyone has been raving about!

Who knows, maybe I'll finally be behind an author table at a conference next year getting my picture taken?

Next stop on the conference tour is...




Katiebabs

12 comments:

Monica said...

It was so cool to see you and I can see my arm in the table pic :)

Hope to see you again!

Robin K said...

Was lovely meeting you as well!

JoJo said...

I am so glad I got to meet you too!
This truly was an awesome conference!
*huggies*
JoJo

heidenkind said...

Aw, if only I lived in NJ! *pouts*

Mandi said...

You met Joey Hill *dies*

READ Zero at the Bone..so so good!!!

Monica Burns said...

Damn it! you were at ADD!! I wanted to go, but didn't have the registration funds in time. Next year I hope to go. I sat next to Joey Hill at RAW and she was an absolute delight! LOVED HER.

Janicu said...

Looks like it was fun. :)

Smokinhotbooks said...

How fun!!!!

OMG you haven't read Zero to the Bone *thud*

Jess Haines said...

It was awesome meeting you at AAD! Hope I see you at the next one, too! :D

Also, I promise I'm not ignoring your email, I just have so freakin' many I'm backlogged on answering. Finally made it home today and I've been passed out almost all day. About to pass out again and get more sleep to make up for the lack of it all weekend, lol.

<3,
-J

orannia said...

Oh, great photos - a lovely one of you!

I love Leanna Renee Hieber's hat!

I too need to read Zero at the Bone too!

Katiebabs/ KB said...

It was so lovely to meet everyone and I do recommend that this is a conference readers should go to. Had a wonderful time :)

Nikki-ann said...

I wish we had events like that over here! Looks ike you had a great time :)