DesignedbyLara.com

Monday, March 1, 2010

Books Read for February 2010 and Upswing in DNF Books

Here are my books read for February 2010. I read, or rather should say the most DNF's in one month I ever had:

1. Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole- A- (Top 20)
2. Blood of the Demon by Diana Rowland- A- (Top 20)
3. Jazz Baby by Lorelie Brown- A- (Top 20)
4. Succubi Like It Hot by Jill Myles- B+
5. Firespell by Chloe Neill- B+
6. Something About You by Julie James- B
7. Broken by Shiloh Walker- B-
8. Xombies Apocalypticon by Walter Greatshel- B-
9. Falling Star by Olivia Brynn- B-
10. The Vampire and the Virgin by Kerrelyn Sparks- B-
11. Knock Me for a Loop by Heidi Betts- C
12. Turned by Julie Kenner- C
13. Secrets of a Scandalous Bride by Sophia Nash- C-
14. Wind Warrior by Constance O’Banyon- D+
15. I Spy a Wicked Sin by Jo Davis- D
16. Soul of the Wildcat by Devyn Quinn- DNF
17. First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost- DNF
18. Too Wicked to Kiss by Erica Ridley- DNF
19. Revenge Wears Rubies by Renee Bernard- DNF
20. Provocative in Pearls by Madeline Hunter- DNF
21. To Sin With a Scoundrel by Cara Elliott- DNF
22. And Falling, Fly by Skylar White- DNF

Grades:
A- =3
B+ =2
B thru B- =5
C thru C- =3
D = 2
DNF = 7

7 DNF's! Perhaps I'm getting very, very picky with my reading material? Has anyone had a month with a high amount of DNF's?

And my lovely TBR bookshelves:


Good old Mho has some future releases to show off:

Mho heard that Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves is the book to read. Heroine is somewhat psycho. And this is a YA. He's in the mood for a good dark and twisted read with a possible wack-a-doo protagonist.


Mho is practially jumping up and down over Carolyn Crane's debut release, Mind Games (March 23rd from Spectra). Little CJ, that wacky  and somewhat disturbing girl of Carolyn's sent Mho a very special galley of Carolyn's book. And Mho already found a few too hot to handle sex scenes! Yup, he's a perv like that. What can you do with a horny sheep?

And lookie... Carolyn even has her own Amazon author page. *coughshowoffcough*


Hot Scottish Man Titty on this cover for Ravished by a Highlander by Paula Quinn (April 27th). Mho wants me to knit him a kilt so he can go around and ravish all the unspecting beauties who fall to their knees and bow down to his wooly greatness. Poor Mho isn't going to get any play because I don't knit. *neener neener*


Pretty full reading month on my end even with those DNFs' of mine.

How was your reading in February? Anyone want to make Mho a kilt?

Katiebabs

17 comments:

Kati said...

Whoa. You DNF'd something by Jeaniene Frost??!!!

I'm shocked.

Anna said...

I read 20 books in February. I enjoyed Kresley Cole's latest too.

I have to agree with Kati. I'm shocked First Drop of Crimson was DNF for you. I loved it.

Carolyn Crane said...

What is going on there??? Is mho molesting my bound manuscript? Do you condone this type of activity, KB?

Mandi said...

You had lots of DNF's BUT you had three in top 20..that is pretty awesome.

Stacy~ said...

The Jeaniene Frost, really?

Shadowfae by Erica Hayes was almost a DNF for me, closest I've come in a long time.

Chris said...

Hmm. CJ, how are you going to spin that one? "The bound manuscript that inspired sheep to mount it?!"

The Queen B said...

We sometimes have those months. Heh.
I still luuurve you with stalker like lurve ;)

Smokinhotbooks said...

Whoa you didn't finish FDOC? I liked FDOC and Too Wicked to Kiss I didn't lurve them but I liked 'em.

BTW I'm having major DNF issues with erotic romances lately especially shapeshifters and contemp. (puffs chest out) But I manage to finish all of 'em *pats self on back*

Christine M. said...

Am sharing everyone's reaction re: FDOC. Denise didn't do it for you?

Shiloh Walker said...

Oh, I LOVED First Drop of Crimson... loved it.

Eh, I've had a number of books I haven't finished, but that's not unusual for me. The past few years, I've gotten pickier-it might be because I don't have as much time to read, I dunno. but if I'm not enjoying it, I don't waste the time finishing it. I just don't have enough time to read to bother.

LorelieLong said...

Uhhh...You have Jill's review at my link. I'm damn proud of my Katiebabs review. Want everyone to see.

(Can I say that? Is it rude? I'm sorry if it is....but I do loves it with fiery fireness.)

Jeaniene Frost said...

Sorry FDOC was a DNF for you, Katie! So far it's chugging along the same way as my other books; some people really love it, some people like it, and some people would rather have had a V8 ;). Of course I wish every reader would love it as much as I do because I hate it when readers are disappointed, but one reader's perfume is another one's poison and that's just how it goes.

Hope March turns out to be a great reading month for you!

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

Kati: :( Yes shock.

Anna: Shock #2! LOL. Unforunately Spade and Denise didn't work for me like Cat and Bones did.

CC: So, you don't want Mho to rub his woolly body all over your bound manuscript? He sleeps with it also. I left that out.

Mandi: First time ever I had 3 books that I hope to add in my top 20 of the year! :)

Stacy: Shadowfae was very dark and uncomfortable for me to read. I read your review also and I think you made some great points. I have Hayes' sequel to Shadowfae and want to read that and see if it has the same tones like her first book.

Chris: The perfect blurb for CC's next book can be, Carolyn Crane's books are so good that even a sheep will mount it.

Queen B: I stalk you first though. ;)

Smokinhot: I think I'm an alien because the books that I am meh about are ones that others really love. I am hoping March will be full of many read and liked books.

Christine: The DNF for FDOC is probably because I am so stuck on Bones and Cat. Ian cracked me up though that naughty boy.

Shiloh: Sometimes it all depends what type of mood I'm in. My concentration can be all over the place and if a book doesn't grab me in the first 50 pages, I have a hard time sticking with it.

Lorelie: I have fixed your cherry popping review ;)

Jeaniene: :( I'm sorry also! I'm a freak because everyone is raving about FDOC. Ian cracked me up even though he deserves a few smacks for what came out of his mouth, but then again he probably would enjoy that. I can't wait for Mencheres' books though. :)

Carrie Lofty said...

I thought Jazz Baby got an A-?

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

My bad! I fixed it.

Lenore said...

I need to give myself permission to DNF more often. Last year I only had 2. This year, so far, none. Mine are usually DNS, lol.

heidenkind said...

I agree with Mandi--yes, you had 7 DNFs. But three books you're putting in your top twenty? Not bad.

Maybe you're just reading better books, so you have less patience with mediocre ones.