DesignedbyLara.com

Thursday, May 7, 2009

KB's Adventures in England! *Part One* Deadly Ditches and The Greek Tycoon's Mistress's Baby Bump


I have returned from the UK and had a blast with the wonderful Book Smugglers Ana, a.k.a. Bubbles. Most of you know that Mho Fho came along for the ride and he and Ana became very good friends. I left New Jersey on a cloudy and rainy Friday, and the whole time I was in England the weather was great. The only exception was one day where it was windy and cool, and the day we went into London where it was a bit cloudy with a few drops of rain.

At least Mho behaved himself because he was enjoying himself with some other ladies, who kept him company. (Until he got drunk in London. Those pictures coming in a later post)
.


Ana and her boyfriend "R" were such gracious hosts. They have a lovely home in Cambridge, a quaint town with many shops and restaurants that is about 90 minutes away from London. They live 10 minutes away from downtown Cambridge where the famous University of Cambridge, Trinity and King's College are located. One of the oldest publishing houses, Cambridge University Press is located here, which originated in 1534. There is over 800 years of history in this one town.
.
Ana showed me around Cambridge on Saturday. Aren't these buildings beautiful?


This is a 500 year old tree. Must stay off the grass!



Looks like the dining hall where Harry Potter has his meals:



The scenery is amazing! There are some lovely gardens and canals around the colleges.



At one point Ana showed me a shortcut. She has her own ditch, which I have named "Ana's ditch". I was also brave and held onto dear life as I hung onto a tree and faced the dangerous "Ana's ditch". I made it across with my life intact!


After a long day Ana, "R" and myself had dinner and some drinks. Hmm... Sangria.
.

.
My first day in the UK was wonderful. The weather was perfect and I learned a great deal. Ana was a wonderful tour guide.

The next post will be of the various pictures I took of some well known books in the many bookstores I went into. That shouldn't be a surprise, shouldn't it? The Mills and Boon selection has the next big craze in category romance covers where they have a pregnant woman on the cover with her Greek Tycoon!

Do you spot the baby bump? Nothing says romance like a baby bump!

More to come...

15 comments:

Ana said...

aww I miss you already. and look at my ditch *g*

Great photos dude! I need copies!

rebyj said...

Yay! Sounds like a great time. Mhofho is such a playah.
The dining room DOES look Harry Potterish, that is a wonderful pic of you by the canal and you and Ana both look good in sangria!

I look forward to part 2.

Kati said...

Yay for visiting Ana! Sounds like y'all had a fantastic time!

Liz said...

Tres trendy ditch! So glad you had a fun time with us crazy kids - next time it's our turn to visit the US. We are aiming to get thrown out the country, nevermind the restaurant, for raucous behaviour!

Liz x

Aymless said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Can't wait to see the drunken Mho Fho pics.

JenB said...

Such great photos! It looks like you had a great time. Will we get to hear about the trip from Mho's POV?

Janicu said...

Wow that is gorgeous. Those lawns look sooo green. And I'm glad you didn't fall in the ditch. :)

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

Jen B: The post about our day in London will be from Mho's POV. Watch out! LOL

Tracy said...

Oh it sounds like you had a great time with Ana and your pictures are great! I can't wait to hear more about it.

orannia said...

Fantastic photos! *SIGH* I do miss the UK. All that history.

*settles on the couch to eagerly await the next installment*

Oh, and may I be so bold as to say that I LOVE your haircut!

Jill D. said...

Katie, I love the new haircut!! You guys are just too cute! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Christine said...

I love the pictures! So glad you and Ana had such a great time.

Deidre Knight said...

Nothing says love like a baby bump!! Snort. Loved it. Looks like you had a blast visiting one of my favorite places on earth!

SarahT said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. Makes me want to pack my bags and head for Cambridge! Some day...

Stacy~ said...

Hey I'm just catching up. Love the pictures, and can't wait for more adventure!