DesignedbyLara.com

Monday, May 25, 2009

Book Expo America Anyone?

In the next few days, New York City will be overrun by thousands of publishers, authors, industry types and all around book lovers for Book Expo America.


What is Book Expo America?

This is the premiere event for the North American publishing industry that runs from May 29-31th. It is all about the changing publishing industry and the changing economy. Over 500 authors and 1,500 exhibitors will be there with HUNDREDS OF NEW BOOKS TO GIVE AWAY, MEANING ARCS! There are more than 60 focus sessions and your chance to meet and get autographs from your favorite authors. BEA crosses all book genres and is for specific groups such as:

Bookseller/Bookstore
Educator
Film & TV Production
Industry Professional
Librarian
Licensing, Rights and Literary Agents
NonEditorial Media
Non Profits & Associations
Published Author
Publishing Consultants and Agencies
Publishing Personnel/Editorial
Retailer

And what makes BEA extra special this year is that there are various Book Bloggers Panels planned on Friday and Saturday. The panel is for Book bloggers, via their blogs, Twitter, GoodReads, Facebook, and more, are leading the way in creating buzz for books, offering venues for authors to connect directly with their fans and are reviewing more books than ever in a world where traditional book review coverage is changing. Six top book bloggers, along with Harper Collins’ Jennifer Hart (and BookClubGirl blogger) will discuss how booksellers, publishers and bloggers can combine forces to bring readers and authors together.
.
There are 44 bloggers signed up for their own various signings hosted by Fireband. The biggest one is on Saturday at 2pm which is the main Book Blogger Panel. Many of these bloggers are well known and are not to be missed.
.
Yours truly was not asked to be on a panel or a signing, but I will be there all day Saturday roaming the BEA exhibition hall. This is the same place where NY Comic Con was this past year. Sorry, there will be no super hero crotch picures taken. I guess I have to act professional this time around.
.
I have been told that there is some major swag give away and I shouldn't be surprised if I come home with almost 100 books. My poor arms are already burning in anticipation!
.
There is also something called BEAtweetup 2009 on Friday May 29th from 8-10pm at this awesome bar called the Greenhouse where close to 400 Bookish Tweets have RSVP'ed. I will be attending this get together also. There will be complimentary drinks available thanks to Belvedere Vodka! FREE BOOZE PEOPLE!! And you get to meet me! There are still spots available, but they are going fast.
.
For those who may be a bit unnerved by such an event, especially if you don't know anyone, look towards me as an example. I am going by all my lonesome. If you happened to see a tall redhead walking around in a daze, that will be me!
.
Katiebabs

8 comments:

Carolyn Crane (aka Carolyn Jean) said...

What fun!! Sounds like you should bring luggage on wheels for all the swag. Well, I'll want lots of reports on this!!

Keira of LoveRomancePassion said...

When you're done reading your swag you'll post some up as a giveaway right??? lol So jealous!

orannia said...

Sounds like an absolutely fabulous event. And I'm assuming we'll be treated to a wonderful KB overview? *crosses fingers*

And it sounds like you definitely need to take a bag that is easy to carry when fully loaded :)

Aymless said...

Ahh. I wish I could go. Have lots of fun for those of us unable to attend.

Barbara said...

Nice! I didn't even know about this Katie!! Can anyone go? Hmmm, if so...debating if I might be able to make it....

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

CJ and Kiera: I will be reporting like usual. Will take many pictures of all my lovely books I acquire.

Orannia: My arms will be throbbing! LOL

Aymless: Less than 2 months for all the books you can grab!

Barbara: Anyone can go! Just register at the website. I wish I could go from Thursday on but can't :(. Only Saturday for me. I would love to see you there.

Fantasy Dreamer said...

Absolutely jealous! But NYC is so far away from Texas. Have fun and I hope you come away with some good finds. :)

Leontine said...

Can you beam me up Katie? I love to jump the big ocean and join you :D